Kim Thompson, Broker
Windermere Real Estate
360-296-3431
bellinghamlifestyle@gmail.com

Visit my website

Saturday, April 16, 2011

School lunches

"Chicago School's controversial policy of banning pupils from bringing lunches from home is aimed at encouraging healthy eating, the principal said." UPI.com reports. 
Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks it is such a weird thing to do because it is categorized under 'Odd news'. I didn't grow up in the USA so I didn't know how the school food is here until I watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. It was an eye opener to say the least.


Now I have a kinder-gardener, I'm more than ever interested in what they provide to the kids in school. I pack Ella's lunch everyday but she's been wanting to try hot school food sometime. I guess a trip to their cafeteria is in order. I don't make fancy bento box like this mom but I try my best to provide healthier food. You can see how school lunch is so different in different counties on this blog. Unfortunately, American school lunch is very often a sad one. I want to see how Chicago school lunch is different from the rest of the country. I hope they don't think french fries are the most nutritious vegetable ever.

Cheetos with cheese sauce. Shocked me.


What's up with chocolate milk.

At least I was happy to see water instead of Coke.




Mussels and Artichoke school lunch in France. Is it for real?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons